- If a moderator tells you to stop what you are doing, you are to stop immediately. You are to listen to moderators at all times.
- Do not harass other users.
- Please do not use racial slurs or any word relating to human genitalia. Depending on the severity of the use, you will be punished at moderator discretion.
- Please do not discuss, make light of, or link NSFW topics in the chatroom.
- This includes, but is not limited to sexual intercourse, murder, rape, and suicide.
- Please keep spam to a minimum.
- Spam includes, but is not limited to: an un-needed amount of emoticons, capital letters, flooding, and holding down the spacebar to type nothing.
- Users who spam will first be warned. For example, the phrase "cool the caps" may be used.
- Please do not sock-puppet.
- A sock-puppet is an alternative account used to intentionally evade a ban on a main account. The sock-puppet will be blocked for indefinite, and the main account's ban will be added on to at moderator discretion.
- Please accept the opinions of others.
- Some users may disagree with your opinions on various topics. Assuming the user respectfully disagreed with your opinion, try to stay calm, and do not throw personal insults around.
- Please do not incite drama.
- Please do not try and incite drama by personally attacking a user in the main chatroom. The user being attacked is advised to not respond. All users participating in the drama will be asked to take the drama to private messages. If all users participating fail to do so, all belligerents will be punished at moderator discretion.
- Don't feed the trolls.
- Feeding a troll is classified as, but not limited to: arguing with the troll, calling the troll out, telling the troll that they are funny, joining the troll, requesting the troll be banned or unbanned.
- Please do not constantly advertise
- Please do not repeatedly advertise your wiki in the main chatroom. You may advertise your wiki twice per day.
Breaking any of these rules will be followed by a kick or a ban that will be decided at moderator discretion.
- Please do not godmod.
- Godmodding is defined as, but is not limited to: controlling other characters, one-hit kill attacks, immunity to all attacks. Failure to do so may result in you getting removed from the roleplay.
- All out of roleplay discussion during a roleplay is to take place in brackets.
- Any form of brackets is acceptable, such as [[ or ((.
- Please do not engage in erotic/sexual roleplay.
- Romance is allowed, but please do not engage in erotic/sexual roleplay. Failure to do so will result in a removal from the roleplay and a possible ban/block.
- The Demon's Light RP takes place in a post-apocalyptic world that is caught in an struggle between demons and angels. All pages should be set in the timeline of the RP, with no relations to the modern world and modern times.
- Please ensure that your page is titled correctly, with nouns being capitalized and pronouns remaining un-capitalized. For example, "Xeren The Demon" would be incorrect. As the word "the" is a pronoun, it remains un-capitalized.
- Unless, it is a location page or something similar, please include a minimum of twenty detailed sentences in your page, with all neccesary information, such as: background, personality, abilities and trivia. More can be added on if chosen, but those are needed basics.
- No NSFW pages. Any created will be deleted upon discovery and the author will face a two week block.
- Please ensure your page is related to The Demon's Light RP series.
- Please ensure that your page has correct grammar, capitalization, and punctuation. This does not mean your page has to be perfect to fit this guideline, as there are generous users who will fix small mistakes for you.
- Please ensure that your page does not have any copy-righted material.
- All pages are given a small period of one week to meet these guidelines. If these guidelines are not met, the page will be deleted. Users without content moderator or administrator rights can assist administrators in the deletion process, by marking pages for deletion.
- In order to vote on proposals, you have to have one or more edits on the wiki, been active for in chat for at least a week, and one week has passed since your first edit.
- When voting on proposals, if you do not include such things as "Support", "Oppose", or "Neutral" when voting, your vote will be counted as invalid and deleted from the post by either an admin or a Discussions Moderator.
- Please be aware that you are not allowed to vote for yourself.
- You are not allowed to vote for yourself. If vote for yourself, the vote will be deleted by either an admin or Discussions Moderator and therefore cast out.
- Do not vote more than once.
- If you vote more than once on a Discussions post, the vote will be deleted and cast out.
- Do not use alts to vote.
- If it is discovered that you are voting multiple times using alts, you will be blocked for a week and all your alts will be blocked for infinite.
- Please be aware that you are not immune to the rules.
- As a chat moderator, your job is to enforce the rules of the chatroom. Just because your position is higher than a regular user, you do not become immune to the rules. All users, regardless of position, must follow all guidelines.
- Do not abuse power.
- When you kick a user, try to let the user know why they were kicked. Do not kick for "fun" -- what is fun to you may not be fun for the regular user, who is at the mercy of your kicks.
- In addition, when you ban a user, leave the user a message on the wall giving the full reason why they were banned. This allows the user to understand why they were banned, how to improve their behavior, or alternatively, state why they should be unbanned; if they believe the ban was unjust.
- Set a good example.
- As a chat moderator/administrator, you represent the wiki. Try to set a good example by having great conversations and supporting the users. Try to be friendly and welcoming, and assume good faith. If a user violates a rule, try and react calmly and collected as you enforce the rules.
- Be willing to enforce the rules on your friends.
- As a chat moderator/administrator, you enforce the rules on all users. If your friend is violating a rule, do not hesitate to enforce the rules, as you would a regular user.
- Please keep in mind you can lose your position.
- Unsatisfactory chat moderators/administrators may lose their positions. If fail to demonstrate good modding, your position may be revoked.
Credit to FNaFF Wiki for some of the page guidelines.